"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Sunday 12 January 2014

Products I Regret Buying

Hooray! My camera is fixed! I finally have HD pictures again! So, due to the fact that I had to take pictures with my phone, for easiness I also posted from my phone. I did make a 2013 favourites post although it won't post, so I think I'll just leave it. Anyway, I decided to show you some of the products that I regret buying. I haven't got very many because now I research a product before I buy it, but here are some of the products I bought and didn't enjoy. (I won't provide any links to the products in this post because I don't recommend you get them).
 
Schwarzkopf got2b guardian angel
This was the first ever heat protector I got last year and I hated it. I have to say, it made my hair smell nice but I don't feel as if it did anything for my hair. By the next day after I had straightened my hair it had began to go curly so it wasn't the best for keeping your hair how you wanted. I just don't feel as if this product works as well as the treseme heat protectants.
Boots Skin Clear spot treatment
Because I'm only 15 I have blemishes here and there on my face, so naturally I go for skin care products that claim to help with spots etc. This is why I bought this although it did the opposite to what it claimed; it broke me out really badly so I've been far too scared to use it again. There are definitely different options that are better than this such as toothpaste.
 
 
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Perfecting Crème
Don't get me wrong, I've used this several times and so have a few of my friends although it doesn't mean that I don't regret buying it. This product makes my hair look quite greasy and doesn't exactly keep my hair frizz-free, or anywhere near it for that matter. I was very disappointed with this product. I also regret buying the shampoo and conditioner from this range although I couldn't post pictures because I ended up throwing them out when I had a clear out.
 
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Moisturiser
I first bought this when I was getting into skincare to match my pink grapefruit face wash. I hate this moisturiser with a passion, because it doesn't actually moisturise. I used to use this and it would actually burn my skin. A moisturiser, that burns? This also really dried up my skin so I've not used it since and it really deserves the bin.
 
Carmex Strawberry Lip Balm SPF 15
This is probably quite a controversial thing for me to put in here because so many people love this product. The claims say 'it soothes, it relieves, it moisturises' although I couldn't disagree more. This burns at my lips really badly, I don't know if its because I have sensitive lips or what, it just does. I've not been able to have this on for more than about 5 minutes because it hurts me so badly.
 
Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
Another controversial one, I know. It's not that I don't like the product, I just don't like the smell. I seriously cannot stand the smell of this although I like the consistency of the product. Again, I can't use this for over 5 minutes but this time because of the smell.
 
 
Thanks for reading this blogpost, I hope you enjoyed it. Make sure you follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with my latest posts! Emma:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.