"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Sunday 26 January 2014

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm

Firstly before I actually start this review I'd like to apologize for the fact that I haven't posted in ages. I've had to revise for exams and I just didn't have time to post, I also didn't have any ideas for posts but this week I got myself one of Revlon's newer products and thought I'd do a review for you. So here it is!
 
 
Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm  in 'Provocateur'- £7.99
I've had my eye out for these ever since the other beauty bloggers posted reviews of them prior to their release. Last week I noticed they were in boots while I was browsing although they were all sold out. Just my luck. I gave the testers a little swatch nevertheless and, to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed personally by the colour range in my boots. I didn't really like any of the matte balms so I immediately went to the lacquer balms. I'm not really a fan of pinks on my lips or shimmery things so I wasn't all that impressed although I fell in love with this colour as soon as I saw it. This is a beautiful berry-like red colour that is absolutely gorgeous. I bought it this week when I went into boots and saw it which made me incredibly happy. When I bought it I didn't exactly think about how reds don't really suit me so when I got home I was pretty disappointed with the way it looked on me. However, I did find that if I put a small amount on and smudged it in to tone it down a bit then it looked great (which I was happy about).
Anyway, onto the actual product review. This product is so much more moisturising (in my opinion) than the kissable balm stains. I think the finish is beautiful and the product lasts really well, the colour doesn't fade off with daily wear as many lip products do and I think it is just beautiful. I am really happy with this product and I think it will be getting a lot of use over the spring and summer!
 
 
 
Thank you for reading this blogpost, I hope you enjoyed! Please make sure you follow me on Bloglovin' to catch up with all of my posts. Emma :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.