"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Saturday 1 February 2014

January Favourites 2014!

Well January has went past in the blink of an eye! I cannot believe that it is February already. Anyway, January brought Britain the well awaited Baby Skin and new Revlon lip crayons. How delightful! This month I haven't really been using many new products so this months favourites is a bit of a mix. So here are my January favourites:

 

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser - £7.99
I have to say, when I first bought this I had my doubts about the 'pore eraser' qualities that this claimed to have. Although I was strangely surprised when I gave this a try. I still wouldn't say that it erased my pores but I would definitely say that it blurred them. It made my makeup apply very smoothly and it definitely prolonged the wear of my makeup.

Dove Style+Care Dry Shampoo - £4.95
When I first tried this I really didn't like it very much. I just didn't think that it gave me the same 'oil-free' look to my hair as the Batiste dry shampoo did. Now I have to say I absolutely love it. It is completely colourless (unlike the batiste one which is white) which is great if you don't brush a bit out properly. This takes the oils out of my hair really quite well and easily which is great if I am in a hurry because it means I don't have to faff around trying to get it all sorted. This also creates a great amount of volume, so yeah I love it!

Maybelline Fit Me Anti-Shine Foundation Stick - £8.99
I have slowly drifted away from my Maybelline BB cream because a) it is too dark for me now and b) because this is so much easier and quicker to apply. I absolutely love this foundation, but I won't bore you with a big in-depth review because I've done one before here. I just find that this gives a perfect finish when paired with the baby skin primer.

Yankee Candle 'River Valley'  - found here.
I love this candle, it smells unbelievable. I have to say, I don't know if it exactly smells like a 'river valley' because I've never smelled one. My best description of this scent is that it smells like the men's body spray Lynx, which I quite like the smell of. I've been burning this literally non stop in my room over the past month.


Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion - £7.65
I really like this moisturiser, I think that I have spoken about it in a post before but I can't really remember to be honest. I just really like this because it dries in really quickly which is great on school mornings when I need to quickly moisturise before I apply my makeup. It just has a really good balance between being moisturising but not greasy which is great. It's just an all round good moisturiser.



Thanks for reading this blogpost, make sure you follow me on Bloglovin' if you don't already so you keep up to date on all of my blogposts.

I also have a disclaimer that I won't be able to post all that much during February because I have some really important school exams so I need to study! Emma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.