"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Quick Fix Makeup Must-Haves

I think every girl has been there at one time or another; when you have 10 minutes to get out the door and you still have a bare face. I know, it's a scary situation, but it's okay. Today I'm going to share with you the products that I use when I'm in a rush, so here goes.


First of all I use my Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer (£7.99) under my eyes to get rid of any dark circles I have. I just blend this out with my ring finger until it's the way I like it. I then use my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) to cover any blemishes and I again blend it out with my fingers. I then use a pump of the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (£6.99) and blend it out with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush (£10.99).

I then brush a thin layer of my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (£3.99) all over my face with my Coastal Scents N27 brush. Next I apply Sleek's blush in 'Rose Gold' (£4.49) to the apples of my cheeks and blend it along my cheek bone with my Real Techniques Blush Brush (£9.99). I only apply this to my face because the shimmer in the blush acts as a kind of highlighter when it is blended up the cheek bones so it saves me using another product. It also goes with pretty much all lip and eye looks so it's a good all-round blush.

Next I'm going to move onto brows, because even if I'm in a rush, the brows need to be done. I use the shade 'bark' from the Sleek Au Naturel palette (£7.99) with any old angled eye shadow brush and then brushing them through with the Coastal Scents lash and brow comb. I then brush through my brows with the MUA clear mascara (£1) to keep them in place. 

Now moving onto eyes, which I don't really spend much time on if I'm in a rush. I just tight-line my eyes with my Bourjois Kohl and Contour eyeliner in 'Brun Design' (£4.99) and then curl my lashes with one of the boots eyelash curlers. I then apply one coat of my L'Oreal False Lash Flutter mascara in 'midnight extra black' (£9.35). 

I then apply the Baby Lips Electro in 'Strike a Rose' (£2.99) to give my lips a little sheer pop of colour. 



Thanks for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it! What do you do when you're in a rush? I'd love to know!

Emma x


I'd also just like to sneak in a quick little apology for not posting in absolutely ages, but I was feeling a bit uninspired and I'd rather post things when I want to post rather than force a post that would be rubbish. Hope you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.