"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Favourites! | Happy New Year

So here we are at the end of another year and 2015 will be here in just a few short hours. So that means that I'm going to be looking back on my favourite things from 2014. I do warn you, you'll have seen the majority of these in previous posts because not much changes from month to month so I won't say much on each product and I'll add a few extra random favourites from throughout the year at the end. So here we go!

1. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation
This has been mentioned in so many posts over the past few months from quick fix makeup must haves to monthly favourites, but it truly has been my favourite foundation that I have tried from this year and I still continue to wear it practically everyday. You can find it here for £6.99.

2. eos Lipbalms
In the picture above is the 'blueberry' flavour I believe but these lipbalms are my absolute best friend all year round. They leave your lips so ridiculously soft and they have the perfect texture. I just cannot give them enough praise. You can get these from Urban Outfitters or on Amazon for around £5 each. 

3. L'Oreal False Lash Flutter Midnight Blacks mascara
This has also been mentioned time and time again but I just cannot miss this out in this post. I am a very picky mascara person, and if a mascara makes my eyelashes look the slightest bit 'spidery' or clumped then I will not use it. But I seriously love this thing to pieces and I'm a little bit afraid to use anything else because this just makes my lashes look so much better. You can find this here for £9.35.

4. Revlon Colorstay Gel Eyeliner
Whenever I have any eyeliner on, I use this bad boy. I just think that gel eyeliner and a brush is so much easier to use than a felt tip or liquid eyeliner. This, paired with a good primer will last all day and leave you with a beautiful wing. (Well, I haven't mastered that last bit yet).

5. Urban Decay Primer Potion
I was recommended this by my friend Ailsa quite a good few months back and her recommendation did not disappoint! This thing keeps my eye makeup on my eyes rather than elsewhere on my face. It's just so good and you can find it here for £16.

6. Sleek Blushes

You've seen these so many times in previous posts but these by far have been my favourite blushes throughout the entire year. Here I have the shades 'flushed' and 'rose gold' and they can be found here for £4.49.

7. The Naked 2 palette
This thing cannot be beaten in my opinion for eye shadows. The mixture of mattes and shimmers is just perfect and Urban Decay's formula is just so pigmented and amazing! I particularly like the warmer tones to this palette compared to the tones of the other two palettes as this one suits my skin tone better. You can find it here for £37.

8. Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in 'Sugar Apple'
I wore this nail polish pretty much all the way through spring and summer, which is highly unlikely for me to do. The colour of this is just a beautiful vibrant mint colour that is just great for spring and summer. It can be found here for £3.99.

9. Seche Vite topcoat
This just cannot be beaten in the world of topcoats. It's as close to a gel polish that isn't a gel polish as you can get (if that made any sense). It just leaves your nails so smooth and can make your polish last for over two weeks. You can find it here for £9.85 or on Amazon for around £5.  

10. Orly 'Star Spangled'
I was wearing this pretty much non stop on the lead up to Christmas because it's just such a beautiful festive red glitter. Now, 'glitter' can scare people when it comes to removing nail polish but trust me, this comes off so easily because the glitter is so fine. Well done Orly. You can get your hands on it here for £10.99 (I know, a bit pricey for a nail polish, but it's worth it).

11. L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray
I used to hate wearing hairspray because it would leave my hair crunchy and tuggy, until I discovered this. It really does leave your hair feeling as normal and disappears at the stroke of a brush, while still keeping your hair in place all day. You can find this here for £4.69.


Random Favourites
Now, I'm just going to make a list of the various things that I've been liking in the movie/book section of my life and I'll add a link if I've wrote about it on my other blog so you can see more about it.

1. Mockingjay Part 1 (movie) link
2. Divergent trilogy (books and movie) 
3. The Maze Runner (books and movie) link
4. The fault in Our Stars (book and movie) 
5. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
6. Paper Towns - John Green




Thanks for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed! And I hope you have a great New Year and I'll see you in 2015!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.